Monday, June 30, 2008

40 for Venice

I joined a new organization called 40 per Venezia, "an open movement of men and women who were born in the '60s and '70s, a think-tank of ideas for the city that aims to provide an overall vision of Venice looking towards the future" (as quoted from their Manifesto). It's great to see many other 40-somethings who love their city and want to do something about it. It's really promising. I have met with some of them and I am confident that the Venice Project Center will play a useful role in the future of this "movement" (and vice versa). The "quaranta per Venezia" has an online social network based on ning, which is quite well-designed and useful. This has rekindled my decision of using ning for our Venice Project Center alumni social network, which has languished a tad since I created the site back on January 25. For the occasion, I used my nifty CMS to quickly add a "ning" link to the menu. It took just about 1 minute... I love this new web site.

No comments: